1. Use my Kitchen-Aid once a month. I don't know that I used it every month but I used a lot this summer and I'd say I used it more than 12 times so I'm pretty happy that it got some use. I also loaned it to a friend who made some awesome cakes for a going away party so I'm going to say that the spirit of this goal was accomplished.
2. Hike I hiked some small trails but I'd still like to do a bit more, not anything crazy serious but something challenging.
3. Take a road trip Definitely accomplished. I did a few of these and spent much of the summer on the roads. It's one of my favorite things so maybe I'll try to do more. There are many driveable places I want to go.
4. Make 5 new recipes (and blog about them) I definitely tried a few new recipes but didn't always blog about them. So maybe half accomplished.
5. Complete Project Life 2013 I pretty much gave up on doing this. I'm focusing on some other projects right now and I'm okay with that.
6. Visit an aquarium I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get to an aquarium this year. Maybe I'll put it on next year's list.
7. Take a first-aid class I have some plans for this in 2014.
8. Send Valentines. Yes, accomplished!
9. Attend yoga regularly. I've been going pretty regularly, and I really like the teacher. This is something I want to continue.
10. See 8 live events. Accomplished. I've been to plays, lectures, Pygmalion music festival, and a few other shows.
11. Eat more vegetablesI did a better job of eating more veggies this year than in the past, but I could always do better.
12. Write a letter to Gran each month I think there were a few months I didn't send a card, but I tried to talk to her on the phone or visit when I was home. I plan to continue to send cards this year.
13. Write an article and send it out for publication. Have a plan in the works for this. I did have something I co-authored published this year so that's a win.
14. Write 10 poems I think I have about 6 that I like but I did write 10.
15. Photograph a covered bridge. I did! It was beautiful.
16. Vacuum Weekly Perhaps I should change this to monthly, ha. I could definitely do a better job of staying on top of cleaning.
17. Visit Hueston Woods M and I went when she visited me this summer and it was a bit of a letdown because we didn't have anything specific in mind to do.
18. Write more 35 things lists This goal was a bit vague. I did a few of these and found them fun to write, maybe I'll do some 36 lists this year.
19. Volunteer. I did some, but not as much as I wanted. I'm looking for a more significant project to participate in.
20. Watch 10 films on AFI's lists. As soon as classes started, this fell by the wayside. I watched The Big Sleep, The Maltese Falcon, Frankenstein, and The Philadelphia Story.
21. Take a photo/self-portrait a day. I don't know if I've done this each day but I've taken a lot more self-portraits each week and tried to take photos each day. I'm happy where this one stands .
22. Attend a local festival I went to Pygmalion Music Fest but that's not exactly what I'd had in mind. So I'll give myself a half-credit.
23. Be grateful every day (keep a gratitude journal) I'm pretty happy with how this worked out in 2013.
24. Attend a charity event If charity runs count then yeah, but that's not what I'd intended when I created this goal.
25. Try trail running Tried it, did not like it as much as I thought, but I've done a few trails with my running group, so haven't totally given up on it.
26. Make a monthly playlist This was perhaps one of the easiest things on the list that also made me really happy. If you follow me on Spotfiy you can see all of my playlists as well as my 2013 year in review playlist.
27. Ride a roller coaster Not sure how up for this I am since riding The Tower of Terror was truly terrifying 2 years ago.
28. Run a 5KTotally accomplished; I have run several, actually. I'm training for more miles right now since I totally slacked this summer. I'd like to do an 8 or 10K and then move up to the half-marathon but I've gotten so lazy lately.
29. Bowl a game over 200 Nope.
30. Go to the beach. We did this on Spring Break and then again with my niece and parents and it was awesome.
31. Read 20 books I finished the year reading 34 books. Not bad. I'd updated my goal to 50 but didn't quite get there. This will be a goal I repeat. Maybe 36 books for my 36th year.
32. Be kind (Some days are easier than others)
33. Use office hours more effectively This goal helped me focus better and I think made me feel more connected to those students who utilized the office hours.
34. Keep a succulent garden Not yet. I still want to do this one day.
35. See my niece every few months I feel good about how often I've visited. Of course, I always want to do more. And every time I see her on FaceTime, I try to think of ways to see her sooner.
Overall, I'm pretty happy with the way this year's list turned out. For 2014 I'm going to approach this project in a more focused way. I'll be posting the 36 list in the next few days. You can see all the lists here: 35, 34 , 33.